Sunday, April 6, 2014

My Dream Job

This one is hard because I have a couple.



One of my dream jobs would definitely be an actress. I love acting. I acted all through my teenage years at both school and church. I did my first play when I was about 7 or 8 and I was a theater minor when I initially went to college. I am an official member of the International Thespian Society too. Something about being on stage and portraying another person is so invigorating. I guess I chickened out of making acting a major career choice. Perhaps because of fear of failure or fear of being poor I choose a different path. But I will always love the stage and often think of going back to this former love.

Plays from high school



Another dream job of mine fits closely with the first. An attorney. A lawyer in many regards is nothing more than a glorified actor. I've always felt I did myself a disservice by not pursuing a career in law because I think I would have made a very good attorney. Just ask my family.

Now that this post has made me thoroughly depressed (just kidding), I guess what it boils down to is why not do your dream job? Pursue your dreams even if the thought of being an actress or a lawyer scares the crap out of you. Major in art or dance even though your parents want you to be a teacher. Skip college and go cosmetology school if doing hair and weave is your passion. Or create your dream by being an entrepreneur.

As some of you know I'm a State of Georgia Optician Apprentice. I have one more year until I can sit for my state boards exam and become a licensed optician (fancy word for eye pharmacist. Opticians legally fill glasses and contact lens prescriptions) and honestly I love my job. I kinda wish I had discovered my passion for optics awhile ago because by now I could have been an optometrist (fancy word for eye doctor). I love what I do, and while I'm not an actress, a doctor or attorney I find my path in life fulfilling.
Hindsight is 20/20



So go. Go find your passion and pursue it with all of your being. That way your dream job is also your reality job.


Yo's Truly

Yolanda

1 comment:

  1. I can completely relate to this, as one of my dream jobs was also to be an actress. I spent a lot of time throughout high school taking part in school plays and auditioning for parts in community plays, too. Like you, however, I had another dream job, and as I got older, I pursued that field instead.

    Celine Goodson @ RMS Recruitment

    ReplyDelete