Tuesday, April 1, 2014

30 day blog challenge

So after being on a blog hiatus for quite sometime I thought I'd get started again. (I've been saying that for years) 


This morning I came across this picture and instantly got excited. (Hopefully I can complete this challenge for all 30 days!)

Day 1: Your blogs name




I didn't think this name picking thing was going to be as hard as it was. I've always had a slight obsession with my name. Yolanda,  I guess because it's kinda unique. I have a million nicknames Yo-Yo, Yolly, Yoeshe (like Yoshi the dinosaur from Mario) so I tried my best to incorporate one of those. Here are some of the blog names I came up with:

1. YOLO (thank God I changed my mind)
2. Yo Mama (Laia, my daughter, will thank me later that I didn't roll with that one)
3. Yo MTV raps????
4. FindingYoYo (my Twitter name)

Finally I came up with Yo's Truly. The phrase Yours Truly is a common sign off of a letter. It simply means "What I just wrote. I mean it" or "I'm being sincere". Some people use it when talking about themselves: "This blog was created by yours truly". I guess mine is combination of those definitions.

I hope you're just as excited about me writing again as I am. I challenge my fellow blogging buds to do the challenge for fun! Let me know below how it goes!


Yo's Truly,

Yolanda


1 comment: